Chaplaincy is a research-informed healthcare profession. The body of research on chaplaincy has been growing year on year, and chaplains are benefiting from insights published by both chaplain-researcher colleagues and others interested in understanding the relationship between spirituality and health.
Understandably, not all chaplains want to be researchers. But all chaplains need to be research literate, able to read and interpret current research and apply the findings of good research to their own practice. This page aims to be a resource to help colleagues develop that kind of research literacy.
The UK Chaplains’ Research Digest is a good place for College members to explore interesting new research. While being far from a comprehensive round up, it offers links to relevant research articles, as well as interviews and reviews that can help build research literacy.
Look out for future developments to include online research literacy training on reading and assessing research papers.
- Summer 2021 issue of UK Chaplains’ Research Digest (PDF) LATEST ISSUE
- Spring 2021 issue of UK Chaplains’ Research Digest (PDF)
Link to e-book:
- An Invitation to Chaplaincy Research: Entering the Process (PDF Web link)
Link to training events:
- Online training in research literacy with Transforming Chaplaincy (various dates) (Web)
- International Chaplaincy Research Autumnschool (October-November 2021) (PDF)